Do you think really that this solution may resolve your problem?

Safety Bracelet - Keep Children Safe



I saw this idea awhile back and don't recall where, so I can't give credit to whomever thought it up. I've had the cord and beads for months, waiting for me to look up knot tying on the safety bracelet Internet. It's finally done and my daughter loves her new 'jewelry' and I even took pictures so I could share my hard won knot skills.

Kids activites and safety bracelet

This is the finished product. It's my cell phone number, which is obvious upon inspection, but safety bracelet just looks like any beaded bracelet from a distance. It doesn't give any would-be attackers information to use to convince my daughter to go with them, but it does give someone a way to contact me if needed. I made a bracelet, but you could adapt it to hang from a ribbon you pin to clothing, too.

Our local craft stores didn't have beads with numbers when I was looking. I ended up with an alphabet and number mega-assortment from Walmart. Which I have dumped out on my floor at least three times so far safety bracelet.

I didn't get around to looking online, so I'm not sure if you can buy just what you need or have to go to the risk of spilling 988 little plastic beads that will take up permanent residence safety bracelet between the wall and some obscenely heavy piece of furniture. (The two separator beads came from a different unwise purchase...)

Safety bracelet before being secured

After you obtain your beads and locate all the numbers of your phone number, string them on an elastic thread (or ribbon) thin enough to fit the smallest bead opening safety bracelet. (I wasn't risking a fourth spill to get more decorative options.) Leave enough length to tie the elastic - I left about six inches extra because the elastic is challenging to work with.

The knot I used is called the Shake Hands Bend and I picked it because the tied ends come back out parallel to the main lines, instead of sticking out perpendicular. It's also symmetric, safety bracelet  making it pretty. Although claimed to be easy to untie, after 'fairing' the knot, or pulling it tight.

I wasn't able to undo it and it didn't come out even after clipping the tails short and pulling pretty hard on it. You're welcome to use any knot you choose, safety bracelet but if you don't have a favorite (or a clue, like me) this one seems to work pretty well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment